The first time I had a very similar dish was when I was living in Aussie-land. I remember having my first honey soy chicken and was pleasantly surprised at how yummy it was! Last week, Maria of Foodaholic shared her version of Maple Chili Chicken and I knew I had to give it a go! It was superbly simple to make and taste absolutely awesome!
I adapted from her recipe and honey soy chicken to create this lovely recipe that only took me 10 minutes from prep to table. Going on my to-make-again list for busy week nights or quick healthy lunch! I made a portion without chilli flakes and the kids could not stop munching on the little chicken pieces!
Maple Soy Chicken
- 2 small chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 to 1 chilli padi seeded and thinly sliced (to taste/optional)
- 1-2 garlic minced / garlic press to save time
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Spring onions for garnish
- Add all the ingredients except oil and spring onions in a mixing bowl.
- Toss to mix.
- In a pan, heat oil on med high.
- Add chicken together with marinate.
- Allow to cook till sauce reduce to a glaze.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.