Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 russet potatoes, cut into 2×1 inch
- 2 slices honey baked ham, diced
- 1 hard boiled egg, peeled & diced
- 2-3 tbsp onion, diced
- 3 inches of japanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 med carrot, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 4-6 tbsp Japanese Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
Toss cucumber with a little salt, set aside for 5 – 10 mins.
Rinse cucumber in clean water, squeeze as much liquid as you can out from cucumber.
Blot dry with kitchen towel.
Bring a pot of water to boil.
Season water with salt.
Add potatoes and carrot.
Boil until soften, about 15 minutes.
Drain water, and add vinegar.
Roughly mash potatoes and carrot, we want it to still have some chunks.
Add in the cucumber, onion, ham, egg, mayo, and season with salt & pepper.
Toss to mix.
Add more mayo to desired consistency.
You can serve warm or chilled.