Sweet & Sour Lychee Meatballs
Serves 4 as a multi-dish meal
- 250 g minced pork or minced chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp soy
- 2 tsp flour
- dash of white pepper
- 1-2 tbsp oil for pan frying meatballs
- 2 tbsp can juice
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
- 8 lychees from a can halved
- 1/4 red onion cut into chunks
- 1/2 carrot thinly sliced
Mix all the ingredients for meatballs except oil in a bowl.
Mix well until meat is sticky.
Shape into 1 inch balls.
Mix everything for the sauce in a bowl or measuring cup
Heat pan on medium high heat, then add oil.
Pan fry meatballs until brown on all sides.
Clean out the pan, add the 1 tbsp oil to pan-fry the vegetables.
Add onion and pan fry over medium high heat for 30 seconds.
Then add the rest of the vegetable and lychee, then pan-fry for a minute.
Pour in sauce mixture and meatball, then lower heat to low.
Allow to simmer for 4 minutes until sauce thickened and meatballs cooked through.
Garnish with chopped cilantro.