'Shark Fin' Melon Soup
No sharks are hurt in the making of this soup, all thanks to shark fin melons as the substitute.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 mins
- 1 pack Mizkan's Yoso Nabe soup base
- 1/2 Shark Fin Melon Skinned and cubed
- 250 g canned crab lump meat
- 4 pcs dried chinese mushrooms rehydrated & thinly sliced
- 2 pcs dried wood ear fungus rehydrated & thinly sliced
- 1 egg lightly beated
- 3 tbsp cornflour mixed with 3 tbsp water
- Black vinegar
- White Pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves
Skin the sharkfin melon and boil in lightly salted water for 15 minutes. Until it's soft and shredding.
Drain and allow to cool, shred the melon with a fork. I discarded the base of the melon that doesn't shred.
Bring soup base to a boil.
Add mushrooms and wood ear fungus. Then bring back to a boil.
Add crab lump meat and bring to boil.
Then drizzle in corn starch slurry while stirring to thicken the soup.
Stream in the beaten egg while gently stirring soup.
Bring back to boil & remove from heat.
Divide soup into serving bowls and divide the shredded shark fin melon to each bowl.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve with black vinegar & white pepper.