Another great way to make the kids eat their vegetable is to mix it into their food in such a way that it is almost impossible for them to pick them out. And every mouth full ensures that they are also getting a mouth full of greens. Plus the rice is flavoured, so it makes the whole experience more pleasant. Serve it with a side of pan-fried salmon and you get yourself a nice healthy balanced meal!
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 5 slices of old ginger
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp shao xing wine
- 4 cups chopped baby xiao bai cai / xiao bai cai (bok choy)
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 cups white rice, washed (Rice cooker measuring cup or 3/4 cup regular measuring cup)
- 3 cups chicken/ikan bilis/veg stock ( I used veg stock)
Heat pan on med high with oil.
Pan fry ginger and garlic until fragrant.
Add the chopped up vegetable.
Season with wine, salt, and pepper.
When vegetable is wilted, turn off heat.
Set aside until rice is done.
When rice is done, add the cooked vegetable and liquid into the cooked rice.
Fluff them all up together.
Fish out all the ginger slices before serving.
Serve with easy Cantonese Style Steam Fish!