Here’s my take on a super easy Sesame Chicken,
This was all thanks to the special ingredient, Mizkan’s Sesame Sauce with Nuts. The nutty, savoury, and drool-inducing aroma was unreal. To be honest, I was quite surprised by how good the roast chicken thighs turned out! The chicken was simply marinated in Mizkan‘s Sesame Sauce and oven baked. It was absolutely juicy and packed full of flavours with each bite. I love how the sugar in the sauce has caramelised as it bakes and gives such a gorgeous hue to the skin of the chicken thighs.
I served the delicious sesame sauce chicken thighs with a simple maple glazed roasted Dutch carrots and a side salad dressed with the same Sesame dressing for a dinner that was quite effortless. My family, even my non-meat-loving girl finished her whole chicken thigh with no fuss. Guess this recipe will be making its way on the rotation based on how well-received it was! Please try it and let me know what you think. 🙂
You can get Mizkan’s products at any major supermarkets and Redmart. Looking for more inspiration for Mizkan’s sauces and soup base? Here are some other ways you can use Mizkan’s products:
- DIY Yu Sheng (鱼生)
- Mille Feuille Nabe (Thousand Leaves Hot Pot)
- Pen Cai (盆菜)
- Goma Dare Jumbo Chawanmushi
- Sesame Fried Chicken Wings
- Goma Tonyu Nabe (芝麻豆漿火鍋)
- Spicy Sesame Noodles
- Poached Salmon Soba
Goma Dare Roast Chicken with Maple Carrots
Roast Chicken Thighs
- 4 pcs Boneless skin-on chicken thighs about 250g each
- 1/2 cup Mizkan Roasted Sesame Sauce Kin No Gomadare Nuts
- Black pepper to taste
Pan Gravy (optional)
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 12 pcs dutch carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mixed salad to serve
- Mizkan Roasted Sesame Sauce Salad dressing
- Italian parsley to garnish
Roast Chicken Thighs
- Pour Mizkan Roasted Sesame Sauce onto chicken thighs and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to roasting tray and bake for 25 minutes or until juices runs clear in a preheated oven at 200C.
- Once baked, transfer to serving plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Save the pan juice for gravy.
- Transfer the pan juice from the baking pan into a saucepan and bring it up to a simmer over medium heat.
- Mix cornflour and water together to make slurry.
- Drizzle slurry into simmering pan juice while stirring until it comes to the consistency you desire. You may not need to use all the slurry.
- Peel the carrots and lay them out on a separate roasting pan.
- Brush on the olive oil, season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast in 200C preheated oven for 25 minutes. Same time as the chicken is done.
- Remove from oven and brush on maple syrup, then return to oven placing it directly under the heat source for 2 minutes.
- Serve with roasted chicken, maple carrots, side salad, gravy, and Mizkan Roasted Sesame Sauce dressing.
- Garnish with chopped Italian parsley
This post is in collaboration with Mizkan Asia. However, all opinions are of my own.