So there was a change of plans! I needed to bake something badly to destress as work has been pretty hectic. And these cookies were easy to make and they taste great! My co-worker gets to share some of my stressors because I bring my bake goods to share with them at work. They often kid that they should stress me more so that they get to enjoy more goodies.
I love the pairing of Oreo and cream cheese. They are a pair made in heaven, and with mini chocolate chips in the tangy, sweet, buttery, and chewy cookies to boot? What’s not to love?
Ingredients (makes about 30-35 cookies) adapted from tablefortwo
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 10 oreo cookies, cream removed & crushed
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In your mixer beat butter and cream cheese until combined.
- Add sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Then gently mix in flour and fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll about 1-1/2 tbsp of dough into a ball.
- Then coat it with oreo crumbs, and place it on cookie sheet. Continue until all the dough is rolled and coated.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges starts to brown.
- Let cook on tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to cool completely on cooling rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serve with a glass of milk!