After I started working, I have LIMITED time to make a decent meal. Anything quick, easy, edible, and healthy will be passable. I’m left with so little energy on the weekends, but depriving myself time in the kitchen is simply depressing. Any little time I spend in the kitchen is pure joy, an ecstasy actually, something to keep me sane. Last week, I made this quick salad with one of my favourite dressing. I always kind of feel a little cheated when I walk into a Japanese restaurant and order myself a plate of Kani Avocado Salad. The bill comes… and ka-ching ka-ching… EXPENSIVE! Now i’m glad, I can make it anytime I want at a fraction of the price. 🙂
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 6 crab sticks, microwaved for a min
- 3 cups iceberg lettuces, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 Japanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup japanese rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2.5 tbsp soy sauce
Mix the ingredients of the dressing all together.
Build salad and drizzle dressing over salad.