I made this to bring to a foodies get together and it was really well received! Even my friend’s teenagers liked it and requested for her to replicate it. 🙂 My dear husband asked for it to be made again so he can indulge in it again. It’s really quite simple to cook this with very little prep needed. I was inspired by my Tom Yum Fried Rice and I’ve tasted the popular Tom Yum Bee Hoon.
If you can fry it with rice or bee hoon, why not fry it with spaghetti?! Can’t really go wrong with a fusion dish like that. I’ve had tom yum spaghetti but in a rather soupy wet version. A dry fried one made the dish a little more interesting. You can get bottled tom yum paste from most supermarkets or if you do not live in Asia, you will be able to get it in Asian supermarkets.
Don’t forget to check out Delishar’s curent $100 Tangs Gift Card GIVEAWAY!!
Tom Yum Pasta
- 8 servings of pasta cooked in salted water until al dente, drained, and tossed in 1-2 tbsp oil so it doesn't stick
- 1 can of straw mushroom drained and halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 25-30 fresh shrimp cleaned and shells removed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges to serve
- 3-4 tablespoons of tom yum paste Add more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 tbsp canola oil divided
- Mix hot water with tom yum paste.
- Heat pan on med heat with 2 tbsp oil.
- Pan fry prawns until nearly cooked, set aside.
- In the same pan, heat up the other 2 tbsp oil.
- Add cooked pasta, straw mushrooms, tom yum mixture and mix well.
- Add in prawns and cherry tomatoes, stir-fry for a min.
- Turn off heat.
- Toss in basil leaves.
- Garnish with parsley and lime wedges.