Fried Flat Rice Noodle (Char Kway Teow)
- 12 to 16 large shrimp shelled and cleaned
- 400 g kway teow / flat rice noodle rinsed
- 1 stalk green onion cut into 1.5 inch length
- handful of bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 fish cake sliced into thin slices
- 1/2 chinese sausage sliced into thin slices
- 4 stalks of chye sim cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp canola/sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp kicap manis/sweet soy sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sambal belachan chilli optional
- Dash of white pepper
- Mix ingredients for sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok on high with oil.
- Quickly stir-fry garlic and chinese sausage for a minute.
- Add fish cake, chye sim, shrimp, and stir fry until vegetable starts to wilt.
- Push everything aside, and add in kway teow.
- Pour sauce over kway teow, and stir fry making sure the sauce coats the noodle.
- Reduce heat to med high.
- Make a well in the middle of the wok and add in the eggs.
- Scramble it, and when it starts to set, mix in your noodles.
- Add green onions, and bean sprouts.
- Stir fry for another minute or so.
To take part in the Mayer Airfryer + Baking Tin Giveaway, simple complete the rafflecopter below.
This giveaway ends on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Singapore time (GMT+8). The winner will be selected by random.org and will contacted by email. The winner will need to respond within 48 hours. If there is no response from the winner after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Meet up required for prize collection, therefore it is open to Singapore entrants only.