This was a super simple starter served along side my Salmon with Spicy Orange Glaze. It takes only a couple of minutes to put together and it looks presentable enough to have guest over for dinner. The salsa can be made ahead and chilled until ready to use.
I think it’s quite difficult to go wrong with prawns and scallops if you want to impress your guest. The only thing is, if you over cook your seafood, it gets really tough and rubbery. Also, get the freshest proteins you can find, and if it’s tough for you to get fresh seafood, then get nice frozen ones. I personally think it’s fine to pay for quality ingredients. 🙂
Seared Scallop and Prawns on Cucumber Salsa
- 1 Japanese cucumber peeled & diced
- 1/2 to mato diced
- 1/2 med red/yellow pepper diced
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 large scallops
- 4 large prawns/tiger prawn peeled and cleaned
- 2 tbsp oil
- Chopped spring onion to garnish
- Place all the ingredients for salsa in a bowl, toss to combined.
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Chill in fridge until ready to use.
- Pat dry prawns and scallops, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan on med high and add oil.
- When pan is smoking, add scallops and prawns.
- Cook prawn for 1-2 mins each side.
- Allow scallops to sear for 2-3 mins on each side without moving it to get that nice golden brown colour.
- Serve on a bed of prepared salsa, and garnish with some chopped spring onions.
MonuTeena RecipesPassion8 October, 2014 at 1:40 am
lovely salsa dear