I made this amazing crab bisque with The Alaska Guys‘s wild Alaskan Golden King Crab. I cannot rave enough about the quality of their seafood. Their wild caught salmon are all sashimi grade and does not have the fishy taste you get from farmed salmon. TAG carries 3 different types of salmon as mentioned in my previous post. TAG’s flagship store is now open for business! And to celebrate that, they would like to give Delishar’s readers a chance to win a S$68 in-store voucher! That would equate to about 1kg of Wild Alaskan Snow Crab, Wild Alaskan Salmon, or Wild Alaskan Cod! Please find details of the giveaway at the end of this post.
You can use it to make the salmon recipes shared on Delishar. Or redeem for some Alaskan Crab to make this delicious (I promise) dish that I’m about to share with you! The husband had 3 servings and was asking for more. The bisque was rich, has a deep intense flavour that was balanced out by the refreshing and sweet tasting chunky crab meat. This is a very hearty and comforting dish. I love the crunch of the sweet corn, and the smokiness of the bacon which added more depth to the dish. Serve it with some bread for a complete meal.
There is no need to reheat the crab legs prior as it will be reheated in the soup itself. Just thaw out the frozen Alaskan Crab, remove the shells using a pair of kitchen shears, and pull the meat apart into chunky pieces.
If you are around the area, don’t forget to drop by TAG’s store and take a look at their premium seafood selection.
You can find them at:
The Alaska Guys
201 Telok Kurau Road
#01-05 Kurau Court
Crab Bisque with Bacon and Corn
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 med onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1-1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup cooked Alaskan Crab from TAG pulled apart into chunky pieces
- 1/2 can of corn kernels
- 1 stalk of spring onion chopped
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- Some chopped spring onions and crumbled bacon to garnish
- Heat wok or non-stick soup pot on med high with canola oil.
- Pan fry bacon until crisp, remove from pan, and crumble. (Do not wash pan.)
- In the same wok, saute onion, garlic, and celery over med heat until onion is translucent.
- Add wine and de-glaze pan.
- Then add tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer over med heat and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes until sauce is thickens and reduced.
- Add chicken stock, and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes over med heat.
- Transfer stock to a heat resistant blender/processor (or use handheld blender) and process until smooth.
- Return puree to soup pot.
- Now prepare the roux. In a saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is bubbling, add flour, and allow to cook on low for 2 minutes.
- Then gradually whisk in milk and cream, simmer for 2 minutes while whisking until smooth.
- Transfer roux mixture into puréed stock.
- Add bacon, corn, and green onion then bring the bisque back to a simmer over med heat.
- Lower heat to low, and allow to simmer for 8 minutes until soup thickens.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion, and crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.
To take part in the giveaway, simply complete the Rafflecopter below!
This giveaway ends on Friday, Apr 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Singapore time (GMT+8). The winner will be selected by random.org and will contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Due to the nature of this giveaway, it is open to Singapore entrants only. Terms & condition apply.
Jane Lee20 March, 2015 at 3:50 am
I would buy some Alaskan Crab !!
mossycheong21 March, 2015 at 4:08 am
I would buy some Alaskan Crab for family feast!
minghui21 March, 2015 at 7:35 am
I would enjoy the Alaskan Crab with my family (=
Anonymous22 March, 2015 at 11:00 am
Will use it to purchase the Wild Alaskan Salmon.-Meiyi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vincent Lee23 March, 2015 at 1:37 am
I would buy some Alaskan Crab
WENDY TAY23 March, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Would like to try the wild salmon fillets!
Carol Mei Mei24 March, 2015 at 2:43 am
salmon fillets of course!
Jacqueline Ng24 March, 2015 at 8:59 am
I would buy Alaskan crab!
Robert Sim24 March, 2015 at 9:45 am
Kaye Wong26 March, 2015 at 2:38 am
I would want to buy the wild Alaskan Golden King Crab 🙂
preciouz26 March, 2015 at 8:12 am
I would buy some Alaskan Crab
julien27 March, 2015 at 2:47 am
I would buy salmon fillets hehehe
♡♥♬ Carolsue ♡♥♬29 March, 2015 at 9:26 am
Whoops — I don't think I qualify. I am USA.
Chicken Noodle Soup (Pho Ga) – Delishar18 July, 2015 at 4:25 am
[…] forget to take part in the current giveaway! Stand a chance to win $68 worth of in-store voucher to enjoy Wild Caught Alaskan Seafood such as Salmon, Cod, Snow Crab and Alaskan […]
Stir-fried Nai Bai Cai (Baby White Pak Choi) – Delishar18 July, 2015 at 4:53 am
[…] you taken part in the current giveaway yet? Click on the giveaway tab or HERE to win $68 The Alaska Guys in-store voucher for you to enjoy […]