Give me cookies and cream anything, and I’ll be grinning from ear to ear. My love for Oreos and cream cheese combi is almost as deep as my love for Milo. I said almost, not quite there yet but it’s darn close! Every year, the husband will ask what kind of cake I’d like for my birthday. Well, if I’m not baking it myself that is. I’ll always ask for Cookies and Cream ice cream cake. Oh my yum! Just the thought of it is making me smile like some crazy woman.
Can you just image sinking your teeth into this wondrous cupcake from heaven? The chocolate cake was moist and loaded with chopped up oreo pieces. Then topped with luscious cream cheese frosting laden with finely milled oreo biscuits. All diet will be out of the window! But let me tell you this, it’s so freaking worth it! Make this, I assure you that you will not regret it, never ever.
Enough about my obsession with Cookies and Cream Cuppies.
Let me share with you something really exciting. In celebration of the Chinese New Year 2016 and to welcome the Year of the Red Fire Monkey, 10 cooking bloggers have come together to bring you the chance to *win a $500 ang pow! (Terms and Conditions Apply.) This giveaway is open to entrants worldwide!! To enter, please complete the Rafflecopter at the end of this post!
Oreo Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup 128g all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 150g granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 10 pieces oreos chopped into smaller pieces
- Preheat oven to 165C.
- Line muffin tray with cupcake liners
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix to combine.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until just combined.
- Mix espresso powder with boiling water.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water mixture to the cake batter.
- Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Fold in chopped oreos into batter.
- Fill liners to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Oreos Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ⁄2 cup 113g butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces 225g cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 - 4 cups 384g - 512g powdered sugar, sifted
- 9 Oreo cookies white parts removed and biscuits finely milled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add softened butter and and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until desired consistency.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add Oreos into the frosting, and beat on low until just combined.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Suzanna Lim20 January, 2016 at 2:16 pm
I love cupcakes! This is a unique recipe! I love the oreo buscuit for decoration. It is too good to eat!
Kong meifong20 January, 2016 at 6:59 pm
My 3kids and I super love Oreo and definitely we love Oreo cupcakes . And there’s Oreo cream cheese ! Yum !
Iris Gee Lee21 January, 2016 at 8:23 pm
Wow! Your pretty Oreo Chocolate Cupcakes look so delicious & yummy! I can’t wait to try your wonderful recipe. 🙂
Seline Bong21 January, 2016 at 11:10 pm
Our whole family love cupcakes especially Oreo! YUMMY.
Ernelly Kho22 January, 2016 at 7:46 am
Hope to win for my Daughter who like cupcakes a lot especially Oreo…yummy! ?
Yohana Meirina S.23 January, 2016 at 9:19 am
Oreo cupcake will in my belly soon…Mmmm I guess it melt cream cheese mix with cruncy Oreo is like me in Oreo Heaven *nomnom* *nomnom*
Chan May Li28 January, 2016 at 5:08 am
That tri flavoured chiffon cake looks soon good.
Mark Chan1 February, 2016 at 3:40 pm
I love Oreo cupcakes. Yummy!
Weny16 March, 2016 at 10:57 pm
I just tried this recipe, it’s very good.
I like it, the kids like it, my friends like it.
Thanks for sharing!
Sharon Lam17 March, 2016 at 7:17 am
Hi Weny! Thank you so much for the feedback! 🙂
Linling19 June, 2016 at 7:04 pm
Hi Sharon, will it be ok if I keep this cake overnight? will it still be moist? how about the cream? if I cream it overnight, what will the texture be like?
Bonnie Tan14 October, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Hi Sharon i just try out the receipe it so delicious my kids love it before i can pump the cream on top . My cream it soft i cannot pump out pattern on it . Possible I overbeat the cheese ? The cake is so soft . Thanks for sharing
Sharon Lam14 October, 2016 at 10:16 pm
Hi Bonnie! I’m so glad your kids loved it! The cream is too soft maybe because of over beating and the cream cheese softening in our hot and humid climate. You can put it in the chiller for 15 minutes for it to firm up. 🙂