The sauce… Oh My Goodness! Amazing! I served this with Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus. The husband loved the sauce as much as I did, omit the chilli if you are serving it to the kids. I promise you they will love it too! I thought the citrusy, sweet, and savoury sauce compliments seafood really nicely, it will work with chicken too!
Again, this has a little Thai influence as I chose to use fish sauce as my seasoning, if you aren’t too big on fish sauce, substitute it for soy sauce. Cake piping tips are not limited to cake and cupcake decorations only. You can use it to plate your dishes, just like that I did for my mashed potatoes here!
Do take the time to know more about your food source. Learn about farmed vs wild caught fish, especially if you are planning to feed your children. Know what you are eating, and taste the difference. Here are some of my other salmon recipes:
- Crispy Skin Salmon on Spiced Couscous
- Honey Soy Salmon
- Crispy Skin Salmon with Pomegranate Maple Glaze
- Poached Salmon in Thai Red Curry
- Baked Orange Miso Salmon
- Baked Thai Salmon
Salmon with Spicy Orange Glaze
- 400 g Salmon fillet halved (preferably Wild Caught Salmon)
- 6 large asparagus tough stem removed, and cleaned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Juice of 1 Navel orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chinese parsley/cilantro
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped red/yellow bell pepper
- 1 chilli padi seeds removed & sliced finely
- Using a vegetable peeler, gently remove the woody outer skin of the asparagus.
- Drizzle it with 1 tbsp of olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill it on a grilling pan for 2-3 mins, rotate & grill for another 2-3 mins, covered.
- If you do not have a grilling pan, you can just pan-fry it.
- Prepare sauce by adding juice of orange into a happycall or heavy bottom saucepan.
- Stir in honey, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to med-low.
- Allow to simmer, and reduce to a glaze (thick, sticky) consistency, stirring occasionally making sure it doesn't burn.
- In the meantime, you can cook your salmon.
- When sauce has come to a glaze or desired consistency, remove from heat.
- Season with a little black pepper.
- Stir in bell pepper, chilli, and parsley.
- Serve drizzled on salmon.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat frying pan on med-high with 1-2 tbsp oil.
- When pan is hot, place the salmon skin side down and allow to cook without touching it for about 3 mins.
- Carefully flip the salmon and allow to cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat and place on serving plate.