Check out their online store for wild caught Alaskan Crabs, Snow Crabs, Halibut, Cod, and of course the many different type of Salmon. Use code “Delishar5” for a 5% discount on your cart when you order.
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup (depends on how sweet you want it to be)
- 3 tbsp pomegranate juice from fresh pomegranate
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 350g to 400g salmon fillets, cut into 2 portions
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil for pan frying
- To get the seeds out of the pomegranate, cut it in half, and use a wooden spoon to knock the seeds out into a bowl.
- Juice it by squeezing the juice out from the seeds. I used a masher then strain it to get the juice.
- Reserve some seeds for garnishing.
- Whisk all the ingredients together and bring it to a boil in a heavy bottom saucepan over med heat.
- Lower to simmer until glaze consistency.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Clean the salmon and make sure that salmon skin has no scales.
- Pat dry, with your fingers and thumb, roll salmon so you get a little c shape hump, and score the salmon skin crosswise with a sharp knife about 1/2 inch deep.
- Try to score the skin as close as possible to get extra crispy skin.
- Rub olive oil all over the salmon skin.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, get into the slits too!
- Turn and season the flesh side of the salmon.
- Heat pan on med heat high with oil.
- When oil is shimmering, add salmon skin side down, and hold it down for 3 seconds.
- Do not touch/move/flip fish, allow it to sear and cook for 2-3 mins, before checking.
- Flip salmon carefully and allow to cook for another 2-3 mins, or until done.
Serve with your choice of side.
I served mine with cauliflower mash, and sauteed spinach.