Crispy & crunchy battered succulent fried boneless chicken with a rich decadent silky 5-ingredient salted egg yolk sauce to pair. This chicken platter combo is a match made in heaven. Using Dodo’s new chicken series saves me the time and mess from having to marinate and batter the chicken myself! The crowd favourite sauce uses only 5 simple ingredients and takes 5 minutes to put together. Perfect for the upcoming festive celebrations.
DoDo recently released a new Halal certified chicken series comprising of:
– DoDo Chicken Patty (In Batter)
– Chicken Cutlet (Leg)
– DoDo Chicken Patty Mala
You can oven bake, air-fry, or fry it frozen as I did. Yes, no need to thaw it out. How convenient is that?! Great for last-minute parties, when you have the munchies, or when you just do not know what to make for dinner. I’ve made Japanese Chicken Katsu Curry Don, Crispy Chicken Salad, ‘Zinger’ Burger, and Chicken Katsu Don with it so far.
My favourite is the Mala Chicken Patty. That was a flavour bomb, just like what a good bowl of mala should be. It’s not subtle, nor is it overwhelming. If you are a mala lover, you’ll find it difficult to keep your hands off this one! The Chicken Cutlet uses chicken leg meat which makes it juicer, great for burgers. My youngest, the fried chicken lover, can’t stop eating the Chicken Patty and Chicken Cutlet. That little girl ate 3 pieces at dinner and was reaching for her 4th when I had to stop her from over-eating.
The sauce pairs perfectly with the 3 varieties. The creaminess of the sauce helps to balance out the spices in Mala chicken and adds depth to the other 2 varieties. The chicken pieces on their own are well seasoned and flavourful. I honestly really like this new range of DoDo chicken series!
DoDo is having a Festive Chicky Bundle for the DoDo Chicken Series. 3 Mix & Match packets for only $30 until 31 Dec 2021 at DoDo’s e-Store! Normal RSP $49.90, that’s great savings! Grab yours before the deal ends!
Dodo Chicken Platter with Salted Egg Yolk Dip
- DoDo Chicken Patty In Batter 4 pcs
- DoDo Chicken Cutlet Leg 4 pcs
- DoDo Chicken Patty Mala In Batter 4 pcs
- Oil for deep frying
Salted Egg Yolk Sauce
- 5 Salted egg yolk mashed *see notes
- 60 g butter
- 120 ml evaporated milk
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Shredded spring onion
- Sliced red chilli
- Heat oil to 175C.
- Cook frozen chicken patties for 3½ minutes in batches. (Cook mala batch last)
- Place on paper towel to drain
Salted Egg Yolk Sauce
- Heat a pan on medium heat to melt butter.
- Add salted egg yolk to cook until bubbly.
- (Salted egg yolk was steamed for 15-20 minutes then mashed)
- Add fish sauce and sugar. Give it a quick mix.
- Pour in evaporated milk, bring to boil, and remove from heat immediately.
- Pour into the blender to blend until thick and smooth.
- Garnish platter & serve with dipping sauce.