Yes, I coined a new word, Enoodle. Ha! It’s actually Enoki mushrooms or straw mushrooms, I used it in place of regular noodles to make this Tom Kha Gai Keto and Whole30 friendly! It’s a great way to reduce carbs in your diet. Yet, still enjoy that long QQ texture that we love with noodles. Using mushrooms also adds a depth of earthiness to the spicy, creamy, savoury, and sour soup. Talk about a party for the tastebuds!
If you are not on a specific diet or if you are a carb lover, feel free to swab out the enoki mushrooms with your favourite carb. My girls love this soup sans chilli with rice instead of Enoodles. Kinda like the ever trending Pao Fan (泡饭) isn’t it? Please share with me your favourite way to enjoy this flavour-bomb.
Check out my other recipes for Keto lovers and Whole30 lovers. Follow me on my Instagram for as I share cooking highlights.
Tom Kha Gai Enoodles
- 1 chicken breast sliced
- 200 g Enoki mushroom bottom part removed
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 slices galangal
- 2 lemongrass bruised and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1-2 lime leaves
- 1 sprig coriander root separated
- 1 shallot
- 1 chilli padi sliced half (optional if not taking spicy)
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 500 ml chicken stock Imagine no-chicken stock
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp red boat fish sauce
- 1 lime halved
- Place lemongrass, lime leaves, coriander root, shallot, chilli padi, and garlic into saucepan/pot.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to boil on high heat.
- Add chicken slices and bring back to a boil.
- Lower to medium heat, season with fish sauce, and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk, enoki mushroom, and cherry tomatoes.
- Bring it back up to a boil, and allow to cook for 2 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and squeeze in lime juice to your liking.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.