Oh, how I missed all of you!! I miss our interactions online, the private messages, the comments, and most of all the emails. I had to cut back on blogging for a bit as I have been extremely busy cooking up a storm at Wholesome Eats by Cookit‘s kitchen. Recently, I’ve been working on creating a new menu that is both Keto and Paleo compliant. It’s still a work in progress. Needless to say, I’m pretty excited about it.
Looking through past recipes, I see a lack of breakfast food yet it is something that is so important to us! I believe in starting the day right with delicious, nutritious, and gorgeous breakfast that is easy to put together.
This recipe is a spin-off from a regular hash, minus the carbs. I usually prepare my ingredients the night before and saute it in the morning. Here is how you make it.
Prepare all the ingredients.
Heat pan on medium high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
Then add zucchini, red pepper, and shimeiji mushrooms. If pan is dry, add 1-2 tsp olive oil, continue cooking for 5 minutes until zucchini is tender.
Add kale, season with spice mix, salt & pepper. Cook until kale is wilted, and serve.
- 1 medium (300g) Zucchini, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 50g shimeiji mushrooms, ends removed
- 2 cups (40g) kale, chopped
- 3 strips bacon, slice into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat pan on medium high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add zucchini, red pepper, and shimeiji mushrooms.
- If pan is dry, add 1-2 tsp olive oil, continue cooking for 5 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Add kale, season with onion powder, garlic salt, salt & pepper.
- Cook until kale is wilted, and serve.