Sausages have been quite the staple at the Kay household and rightly so because it tastes so good! However, good sausages are quite pricey to buy from stores. I’m talking about the real raw meat sausages in the casing, not the with added fillers or pink in colour. In an attempt to save some money and know exactly what goes into my meat, I made my own with herbs and mango to lend some sweetness.
To simplify things, I shaped them into patties to pan-fry instead of stuffing them into casing. Usually, I’d make a large batch of it, cook it, and freeze them for use later on. It goes well with everything, keep some raw sausage meat to use for your taco stuffing, or make bigger patties for burgers.
This recipe has been a winner with the family. The girls love having them on little slider burgers when I’m in a pinch for time to make lunch or dinner. It’s low-fat, paleo, whole30 approved, gluten-free and can be adapted to make it Keto just by opting out on the mango. This whole meal is quick to put together, healthy, and looks extremely appealing! Nuff said, let’s cook!
Mango Chicken Sausage on Spinach with Roasted Tomatoes
Mango Chicken Sausage
- 220 g minced chicken
- ¼ cup finely diced mango
- 2 tsp chopped spring onions
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
Spinach with Roasted Tomatoes
- 220 g mango sausage
- 40 g baby spinach
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 65 g white button mushroom sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all ingredients for Mango Chicken Sausage together
- Form 4 patties from the chicken sausage mixture.
- Heat pan on medium-high with 2 tsp olive oil and cook chicken sausage for 2-3 minutes each side, until cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate
- Add 1 tsp olive oil, and cook mushrooms until brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add garlic and tomatoes, cook for 45 seconds.
- Add spinach, season with salt and pepper, then cook until wilted.
- Serve with Mango sausage.