Breakfast recipes are pretty rare on my blog. Simply because it’s a mad rush for us every morning. It was even more so when we were on the Whole30 program. Getting up extra early to make compliant breakfast for the family, then dine together, and get the girls ready to catch their school bus. It’s not always pretty. A lot of, “Hurry upppppp!”, “Come on, let’s move move move, today please!”. No sugar coating the mornings. lol!
But this breakfast was so good, I had to remake it after the girls are in school. So that I can share it with all of you. This recipe is Whole30 compliant too, as long as you use compliant smoked salmon. Refer to this post for resources on where I get my compliant products.
One tip before you start making this recipe. Do use a good non-stick pan for this recipe. This is so that you don’t have broken egg crepe, or one that is completely stuck on the pan. Which, quite honestly, suck. Here, I’m using my Retroflam 24cm frying pan. Which was a perfect size for a 2 eggs crepe. If you are interested, you can read my review for the pan. In case anybody wants to know, I used 60g eggs. Here’s how I made these delicious breakfast crepes.
Heat pan on medium high, with oil then saute mushrooms seasoned with salt and black pepper until brown.
Then add spinach, cherry tomatoes, and 1 tsp olive oil to cook until spinach starts to wilt.
Remove from heat and transfer to plate.
Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. In the same pan over medium-low heat, add 1 tsp oil, swirl to coat pan, then pour in the 2 beaten eggs. Swirl the eggs around the pan to evenly distribute. Allow to cook until top is set and the sides pulls away from pan.
Spoon over ½ of the spinach mixture on half of the egg crepe, fold over, and slide it onto a serving plate.
- 60g baby spinach
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 (70g) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Heat a medium size non-stick pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, season with salt and black pepper, and cook until slightly browned.
- Then add spinach, cherry tomatoes, and 1 tsp olive oil to cook until spinach starts to wilt.
- Remove from heat and transfer to plate.
- In the same pan over medium-low heat, add 1 tsp oil, swirl to coat pan, and pour in the 2 beaten eggs.
- Swirl the eggs around the pan to evenly distribute.
- Allow to cook until top is set and the sides pulls away from pan.
- Spoon over ½ of the spinach mixture on half of the egg crepe, fold over, and slide it onto a serving plate.
- Repeat for the other 2 eggs.