The rice soaked up all the goodness, and turned out absolutely delish! This is probably one of those dish to enjoy on a cool rainy day, or cold winter night! I’d most definitely warm you up from the inside out, very comforting. This Creole dish is definitely a winner!
Thank you for participating! The giveaway has ended!
Since Chinese New Year is almost here, 16 fabulous cooking bloggers would like you to have a chance in winning USD$160 paypal cash! This CHINESE NEW YEAR ANG POW GIVEAWAY open to everybody! Look below for details!
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
- 1-1/2 cups rice rinsed
- 2-3 smoked sausages I used hot & spicy smoked sausages
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 med carrot diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or to taste
- 1/3 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1-1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 dashes of tobasco sauce or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup spring onion chopped & divided
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 large shrimps cleaned and shelled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Using a heavy bottom pot on med high heat, add oil.
- Add bacon bits and cook for a min, then add sausages and slightly brown it.
- Transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter on med high heat.
- Add celery, carrot, onion, and green pepper.
- Saute until softened and onion translucent, then add garlic oregano, thyme, cayenne, tomato paste, and tomato.
- Saute till combined then add chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer, and add rice, salt, and pepper, and tobasco sauce. Give it a stir.
- Then add bacon, sausages, and bay leaf.
- Bring back up to a boil, then lower heat to low.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from heat.
- Stir in shrimps, lemon juice, spring onions, and parsley.
- Cover and allow the steam to cook shrimp for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining spring onions before serving.
Chinese New Year Ang Pow Giveaway (Open to everyone)
For the first time, 16 fabulous cooking bloggers have come together to bring you the chance to start the Year of the Ram in the best way – by winning an ang pow*!
Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe
*Terms and conditions apply.One prize of US$160 will be sent to the winner via Paypal. An email will be sent to the winner to notify him/her of the win. If the organiser (Diana) does not receive a reply within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Please note if the winner does not have a valid and working Paypal account, another winner will be selected.