Ingredients (serves 2)
- 250g salmon fillet, halved
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 lime leaves, crushed
- 1-2 stalks lemongrass, use ends and bruised
- 4 slices galangal
- 2-3 tbsp thai red curry paste (or to taste)
- Fish sauce if needed for seasoning
- Thinly sliced lime leaves or parsley, to garnish
- 1 tbsp oil
Heat pan on med high with oil.
Saute galangal and lemongrass for 1-2 minutes.
Add coconut milk and bring to boil.
Lower heat to low, add lime leaves, and red curry paste.
Stir until blended, season with fish sauce if needed.
Allow to cook with lid on for 10 minutes.
Checking every now an then to make sure it doesn’t dry up.
Add some water if needed, especially if you are using a wider pan.
Add salmon into the curry sauce.
Allow to poach for 5-6 minutes on med heat or until fish flakes easily.
Garnish and serve.