Read about wild vs farmed salmon in THIS post.
Ingredients (Makes 2)
- 2 salmon fillet (preferably wild caught)
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice, warmed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1.5 tbsp palm sugar, dissolved in tamarind juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp minced parsley,
- 1 birds eye chilli/ chilli padi, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp minced lemongrass
- 1 tbsp grated galangal/blue ginger
- 1 tbsp grated old ginger
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Lime wedge for garnishing
- Dash of white pepper
Mix ingredients (except lime wedge and salmon) together in a bowl.
Doesn’t it look pretty already?!
Preheat oven to 180C.
Use about 1/3 to 1/2 of the mix to marinade salmon for at least 30 mins.
Bake salmon on a greased pan for 18 to 20 mins in 180C oven.
Pour the rest of the sauce mixture into a saucepan, let it simmer and thicken.
Stir often to prevent it from burning.
Plate salmon over steamed rice, spoon sauce over salmon, and serve with blanched broccoli.