Don’t you just love one pot meals?! Initially, I had the intention to make a bake rice casserole for the family but as the day went, my energy depleted as well. It was one of those rainy, and lazy/busy Sunday where I have no energy to cook but still wanted to whip up something quick and easy with minimal washing and effort for the hubs and kids. My trusty rice cooker was really the one who did most of the work. I also wanted to test what it would be like to add cheese in my rice cooker. Of course it did not brown, but it sure did melted nicely and coated the creamy rice with its yumminess!
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 2 rice cooker cups uncooked rice *
- 2 small chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp concentrated chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed veg
- 1 can low fat campbell cream of chicken soup
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 rice cup water
- 3/4 cup chedder & mozzarella cheese mix
Marinate chicken in 1 tsp concentrated chicken stock, and black pepper.
Let it cook as per normal.
When it is done, let it rest for 5 mins before opening the cover.
Sprinkle cheese on top and close the lid.
Let it sit for 10 mins.
Fluff up everything before serving.