Give me cookies and cream anything, and I’ll be grinning from ear to ear. My love for Oreos and cream cheese combi is almost as deep as my love for Milo. I said almost, not quite there yet but it’s darn close! Every year, the husband will ask what kind of cake I’d like for my birthday. Well, if I’m not baking it myself that is. I’ll always ask for Cookies and Cream ice cream cake. Oh my yum! Just the thought of it is making me smile like some crazy woman.
Can you just image sinking your teeth into this wondrous cupcake from heaven? The chocolate cake was moist and loaded with chopped up oreo pieces. Then topped with luscious cream cheese frosting laden with finely milled oreo biscuits. All diet will be out of the window! But let me tell you this, it’s so freaking worth it! Make this, I assure you that you will not regret it, never ever.
Enough about my obsession with Cookies and Cream Cuppies.
Let me share with you something really exciting. In celebration of the Chinese New Year 2016 and to welcome the Year of the Red Fire Monkey, 10 cooking bloggers have come together to bring you the chance to *win a $500 ang pow! (Terms and Conditions Apply.) This giveaway is open to entrants worldwide!! To enter, please complete the Rafflecopter at the end of this post!
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup (128g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 10 pieces oreos, chopped into smaller pieces
- Preheat oven to 165C.
- Line muffin tray with cupcake liners
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix to combine.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until just combined.
- Mix espresso powder with boiling water.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water mixture to the cake batter.
- Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Fold in chopped oreos into batter.
- Fill liners to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- 1⁄2 cup (113g) butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces (225g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 - 4 cups (384g - 512g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 9 Oreo cookies, white parts removed and biscuits finely milled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add softened butter and and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until desired consistency.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add Oreos into the frosting, and beat on low until just combined.
a Rafflecopter giveaway