The husband and I have been trying to eat better for the past few weeks. We realized that our metabolism rate has dropped significantly over the last few years. Our energy level have been pretty sluggish recently as well, so we made a conscientious effort to eat a little better. My sinuses have been very active lately, and I’m suffering from hives every single day. I’m hoping that a change of diet might do some good for the both of us.
Therefore, I have been trying to create meals that are wholesome, and making the effort to introduce more super-food into our diet. Choosing natural sweeteners, lowering sodium, and picking good fats for the meals I make for the family. This also means that I need to create meals that will appeal to my girls as well, as they will eat what we eat.
The husband and I really enjoyed this meal, and could not get enough of it, especially the quinoa. The girls on the other hand needed a little bit of coaxing to finish their quinoa. However, the fish and salsa was very well received. Perhaps I should serve this up with wild rice the next time I make it for the girls.
If you aren’t a fan of quinoa like my girls, serve this with nutritious brown or mixed rice cooked using Tefal’s Advanced Rice Cooker. The specially designed innovative spherical pot creates ideal heat circulation for homogeneous and delicious cooking. The pot is made out of 6-layers, a 2.5mm thick inner pot with durable ceramic coating made for easy cleaning.
The rice cooker comes with 10 cooking programs: white rice, brown rice, glutinous rice, congee, porridge, claypot, steam, soup, and reheat food. There’s something for your everyday cooking needs. The spherical pot rice cooker allows you to prepare starters, main course or even desserts.
One lucky reader will walk away with this game changing Tefal’s Advanced Rice Cooker. To take part in this giveaway, simply complete the rafflecopter widget at the end of this post.
Note: The grilled chicken is paleo approved but not quinoa. Substitute with cauliflower rice for a full paleo meal.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 mango, pitted & diced
- 1 avocado, pitted & diced
- 1/2 red pepper, cored & diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cored & diced
- Juice of 1 lime (or more to taste)
- 1 shallot, diced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 fillet of salmon, 150-180g each
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Rinse quinoa and drain.
- Place quinoa into a pot over medium heat and toast until no longer wet and smells nutty. About 5-8 minutes.
- Pour in stock, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let the quinoa cook in a gentle simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off heat and allow to sit with lid on for another 5 minutes. Do not open or peek!
- Then fluff with fork before serving.
- Place everything into a bowl, and gently toss to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, and more lime juice to your desired taste.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add fish skin side down and cook for 2-3 minute.
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- If using water to cook quinoa, season with some salt to taste.
To take part in this giveaway, simply complete the rafflecopter widget below.
*This giveaway ends on Monday, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Singapore time (GMT+8). The winner will be selected by random.org and will contacted via email for prize collection. Winner will need to respond within 48 hours; failing to do so, another winner will be selected. Emails will be added to our mailing list. This contest is opened to Singapore entrants only. Giveaway prize sponsored by Tefal.