Please, take a moment to fully appreciate the beauty of this salad. I’m not only talking about the colours of the rainbow presented on the plate, but also the play of textures. I hardly ever say this about salads, but this plate of salad right here should be crown the queen of salad bowl. It is that amazing, so much so I ate it for 3 days consecutively. I could have this for lunch every single day. Yes, it is that good.
I mean, the crunch from the cucumber, sharpness of the red onions, sweetness of the cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado, and don’t even get me started on that warm spiced chicken. The dressing was creamy, tangy, with a little heat to it. This is honestly one of the BEST salad that I have ever made in my entire life.
Did I also mentioned that it is Whole 3o compliant? Just use compliant mayo, which you can easily make your own with the video recipe found here. To tell you the truth, writing this post is making me extremly hungry. Guess what I’d be making myself for lunch again tomorrow? 😀
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped into bite size
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 english cucumber, seeded & diced
- 1 avocado, pitted & diced
- 2 tbsp mayo (Whole 30 compliant recipe below)
- 1 tsp tobasco sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Black pepper & salt
- Marinate chicken with smoked paprika & old bay seasoning and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Heat pan on medium high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Pan fry chicken until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients for dressing in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Place lettuce in bowl, top with cucumber, tomatoes, onion, chicken, avocado, egg, and drizzle dressing over.
- Whole 30 Mayo: https://goo.gl/BA61Rj