Can I please tell you that these brownies are amazing?! One of the best brownies I’ve had, besides the S’mores Milo Brownies of course. Heeeeeeee… I tried to describe these brownies, but quite honestly, I don’t think I can do them any justice. You have got to try it at least once. It’s so quick and simple to make them, no need for a double boiler, no need to melt anything.
Just 2 large mixing bowl, your ingredients, baking pan, your pre-heated oven, a craving for some delicious dessert, and you are good to go! I love making those swirls, the process is so therapeutic, and it makes me feel a little artsy. I like to think that every swirled cake is unique because you can’t replicate the exact same swirl for each cake you bake even if you try. Here is a picture of how the brownie looks like when I cut into it, and just seconds before I stuffed my face with it. 😀
Here’s how the little slices of velvety heaven was made.
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (134g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (96g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) good quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (60-65g each, shell on)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp red food colouring or until desired colour (optional)
- 8oz (226g) pack cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 3-4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 176C.
- Line your 8x8 inch pan. I used a 10x6.
- In your mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add cocoa powder, beat until combined.
- Add red food colouring, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix to combine, then add in eggs.
- Beat to combine and add flour.
- Mix until combined.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup batter for swirling.
- Pour the batter into lined pan, and smooth out the top.
- Then prepare cheesecake batter.
- Use a spatula to soften the cheese before adding vanilla, sugar, and eggs.
- Switch to whisk and whisk until combined.
- Carefully pour mixture over brownie batter and smooth out the top.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop dollops of reserved brownie batter on top of cheesecake batter.
- Then use a tooth pick, skewer, or back of a butter knife to create swirls.
- Bake for 30-35 mins at 176C.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing it into squares.
- Use this link for cups to grams conversion
Serve with a glass of cold milk, and try not to eat everything!