I promise you, this is one healthy recipe you do not want to pass. And after you tried it, you will be keeping it in your ‘make again’ list. I crave for this all the time, and it’s a great dish to bring to pot luck parties. Preparation is so simple, and you basically let the oven do the cooking for you.
I love how the spices and slightly charred taste marry together, and the different texture of tenderness and slightly crispy edges adds a very nice dimension to the who dish. Trust me, these cauliflower poppers… once you pop, you can’t stop!
Roasted Curried Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower florets only
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional: please adjust to your taste, I like mine fairly spicy
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing
- Spritz of lemon juice to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the spices in with the oil in a small bowl.
- Place florets in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle in the oil mixture over the cauliflower.
- Use a spoon or spatula to coat florets well with the seasoning.
- Spread out cauliflower on parchment lined tray in a single layer without overlapping.
- Bake in the middle slot of the oven for 30-40 mins at 200C.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and a little spritz of lemon juice.