Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I’ve been super busy with developing a whole lot of new recipes for Cookit, sponsors, and keeping myself busy with mother-ing too. I’m trying to get things sorted before we take our big long vacay. A much needed one to disconnect from the cyber world and truly bond as a family and with nature. I can’t wait to wake up to the smell of bacon, fresh coffee, play badminton with the girls at the back yard, fish off the pier, spend time with my nieces & in-laws, and so much more.
My girls are counting down the days to our trip. This time round, we are going to camp outdoors. I hope I don’t get eaten alive by mozzies. I’m also going to try to eat clean while we are there. Of course, we will have cheat days for skillets, onion strings, and malt milk shake. I’m excited to go grocery shopping and see what whole30/paleo approved produce I can find.
I made this whole30 compliant recipe for lunch last week. It was great because it keeps well chilled and taste good chilled too! Definitely a good recipe to beat the scorching Singapore heat. The flavours develops and marries as it sits in the fridge. You can skip the chicken and serve it as a side dish as well. Chop up some broccoli into tiny pieces and add to the as well. I’m certain you are going to enjoy this recipe.
Bring a pot of water to boil, season with salt, then boil chicken for about 8 minutes. Drain and shred with 2 forks.
Prep all the vegetables and place it in a mixing bowl. Mix all the ingredients of the dressing in a small bowl.
Add sesame seeds, shredded chicken, and pour in dressing. Toss to coat. You can serve immediately or chill it and let the flavours developed.
- 1 chicken breast
- 150 white cabbage, shredded
- 100g purple cabbage, shredded
- 80g carrot, shredded
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce if not whole30
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar (I like Mizkan brand)
- 2 tbsp orange juice (freshly squeeze)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for dressing in a bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, season with salt, and cook chicken. About 8 minutes.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- In a bowl, add chicken, carrot, cabbages, sesame seed, spring onions, cilantro, and pour dressing over.
- Toss to coat and serve.