A good breakfast means a good start to the day, and with a breakfast so colourful, it is hard to not start the day with a smile on your face. This recipe is a great way for using up left over bits and ends of vegetables that’s sitting in your fridge after a week of cooking.
I used my trusty 26cm Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet to make this gorgeous one pan breakfast. Simply because I can utilize the stovetop to oven cooking without having to wash another pan. Because cast iron retains and distribute heat so well, I can assure that my vegetables will have even browning and lovely crusting as it cooks itself in the skillet.
The cheese acts as a nest to contain the eggs in the middle of the pan. As the cheese hits the hot vegetables, it starts to melt and forms a gooey cheese nest to herd the eggs together. This prevents the egg whites from making it’s way through the little cracks between the vegetable, and going all over the place. Plus, who wouldn’t like gooey baked cheese?!
In celebration of Le Creuset‘s 90th anniversary, I am hosting a 5 pcs Le Creuset Skillet Bundle giveaway worth $572! Stand a chance to win the bundle that includes:
- 1 Skillet 26cm in Dijon Yellow
- 1 Spatula medium in Caribbean Blue
- 1 Silicone handle sleeve in Caribbean Blue
- 1 Bowl in Dijon Yellow
- 1 Bowl in Caribbean Blue
To take part in this giveaway, simply complete the rafflecopter at the end of the post.
This recipe will be the perfect recipe for you to make in your spanking new 26 cm Le Creuset Skillet! Here are more recipes that were made using the Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet:
This giveaway is made possible by the good people at Le Creuset.
- 2 russet potatoes, washed and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 a large zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 100g slice white button mushroom
- 4-5 strips of bacon, sliced to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- In a cold pan, add bacon.
- Allow bacon to cook on medium (if using cast iron) to medium high heat.
- When fat rendered, and bacon is crispy, fish it out and set aside.
- Add olive oil, and potatoes.
- Allow to cook undisturbed for 3 minutes or until underside is golden.
- Saute and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, and garlic, then saute for a minute.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, and red pepper, then saute for 1-2 minute.
- Remove from heat, and make a shallow indentation in the middle of the pan.
- Top with cheese, then crack eggs on top off cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Crumble crispy bacon on top, and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
To take part in this giveaway, simply complete the rafflecopter below!
This giveaway ends on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Singapore time (GMT+8). Giveaway bundle includes: Skillet 26cm in Dijon yellow x 1, Spatula medium in Caribbean x 1, Silicone handle sleeve in Caribbean x 1, Bowl in Dijon x 1, Bowl in Caribbean x 1. The winner will be selected by random.org and will contacted by email. The winner will need to respond within 48 hours. If there is no response from the winner after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. The winner will need to self-collect the prize at Le Creuset’s office; therefore, it is open to Singapore entrants only.