Here is the video on how to cut and layer the mango rose: Mango Rose Video. It’s actually not as complicated as it looks. Took me about 5 minutes to put together this mango rose. So don’t be intimidated by it! 🙂 Just remember if the mango is soft, cut thicker slices. If it is harder, then cut thinner slices.
Thai Mango Sticky Rice
- 1 large ripe mango skinned and sliced
- 1 cup sticky/glutinous rice
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rinse your rice until water runs clear.
- Add rice and water in rice cooker pot and let stand for 30 minute.
- Turn on rice cooker and allow to cook.
- When rice is cooked, let it sit for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- Bring coconut milk, sugar, and salt to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer until sugar dissolved and sauce thickened.
- Fluff the rice, then pour in 3/4 of the sauce into the rice.
- Mix to combine, then allow rice to absorb the coconut sauce. (about 10 minutes)
- Assemble the rice with sliced mango, and spoon sauce over.
- Serve warm.