I wanted to mix things up a little over the weekend, and make something that the kids will enjoy. Well, adults included too. The girls really enjoy eating my Thai Sate Chicken and my Baked Hand Cut Fries. So I thought, why not make a satay burger, complete with an easy spicy peanut sauce, and some homemade baked fries. Yum!
Come to think of it… Perhaps for my next satay burger, I will marinade whole boneless chicken thighs and grill it as it is. That way it saves me the trouble of making patties!
Satay Chicken Burger with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Write a review
Satay Chicken Burger
- 500g minced chicken
- 1 lemongrass, minced
- 1 tbsp grated galangal
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Cooking oil to grease pan
- 4 burger buns, buttered
- shaved cucumber/cucumber slices for topping
- shaved carrot/ shredded carrot for topping
- Cilantro for topping
- Spicy peanut sauce for topping
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste or to taste
- Fish sauce to taste
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Satay Chicken Burger
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, lemongrass, galangal, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, onion, chopped cilantro, panto, and coconut milk.
- Season with fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper.
- Mix to combine with hands.
- Divide mixture into 4 patties.
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Grease grill pan or frying pan.
- Grill chicken patty for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Toast buns.
- Build your burger, and serve with Baked Hand Cut Fries!
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Add coconut milk in saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in red curry paste, fish sauce, and vinegar.
- Add peanut butter and sugar, and whisk till combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon about 1-2 tbsp on burger patty.
For Baked Hand Cut Fries recipe
Delishar | Singapore Cooking, Recipe, and Food Blog http://delishar.com/