So simple but so flavourful! I didn’t want to serve the usual plain white rice for tonight’s meal, so i raided my fridge and found a couple of spices that was laying around and would have been thrown out if I do not use it. So I cut them all up and throw it in my rice cooker, crossed my fingers, and hoped for the best. And it turned out really well!
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 3 stalks lemongrass (ends only), cut into 2 inches each
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 inch thumb old ginger, sliced
- 1 inch thumb galangal/blue ginger, sliced
- 1 leaf of pandan, tie into knot
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups rice (Rice cooker measuring cup or 3/4 cup regular measuring cup)
Wash and prepare your rice the way you usually do.
Add in all the herb/spices and give it a stir.
Cook as per normal.
When rice is ready, remove all the spices.