Once again I was craving something spicy, but I felt guilty that le husband isn’t getting his pasta fix. So I made the curry and tossed in the pasta. It was really yummy! The al dente fusilli buried a good amount of the tangy and spicy gravy between itself, giving it just the right bite. I chose to use brinjal here, but I’m sure any other vegetable… esp okra will work really well with the dish.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 2 small brinjals, about 1.5 cups, cut into 2 inches length
- 2 small chicken breast, cut into strips, lightly seasoned with salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 a med yellow onion, diced
- 3 tbsp Nyonya curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk (Use trim for a low fat version)
- Handful of basil for garnishing
- 3 servings of Fusilli
Prep all the ingredients.
Cook fusilli in salted boiling water until al dente.
Heat pan on med high, add curry paste and coconut milk.
Stir in chopped onions.
When it starts to boil…
Let it cook for a min, locked.
And carrot, cover (or lock) for 3 mins.
Give it a quick stir and when the brinjal is tender, it’s done.
Turn off heat, add cooked pasta.
Toss well to coat with in sauce.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve!