Made these gorgeous PB swirled double chocolate muffins for a tea-time get together at school and I was really glad that I was gone faster then I expected. The muffin was moist, spongy, and bursting with deep dark chocolate flavours.
I loved how the PB turned out a slightly golden hue after its baked, and that the tinge of saltiness from the PB helps bring out the bitter sweet flavour of the chocolate even more! Plus there is no need for fancy kitchen mixer! Just a large mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, and a small container for your slightly melted PB! Here’s how to make the PB swirled chocolate muffins! 🙂
PB Swirled Double Chocolate Muffins
Write a review
- 2 cups all purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup sugar (1 cup if you like your muffin sweet)*
- 3/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder, sifted*
- 1/4 tsp salt*
- 1 tsp espresso powder*
- 1 tsp baking soda*
- 1 cup low fat greek style yogurt ^
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk ^
- 1/2 cup veg oil ^
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ^
- 1 egg ^
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, melted in microwave for 10-20 secs
- 1/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line your 12 muffins pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add together all the dry ingredients marked *.
- Use a whisk to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add the wet ingredient marked ^.
- Mix well until combined.
- Pour in wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined, careful not to over-mix or you will get tough muffins.
- Fill liners up to 3/4 full.
- Add about a tsp of melted peanut butter on top of the batter.
- Swirl it with a skewer, knife, or toothpick,
- Top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 mins in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Delishar | Singapore Cooking, Recipe, and Food Blog http://delishar.com/