I was craving for some buffalo wings but I didn’t have any chicken wings at home. And I was way too lazy to walk over to the supermarket to get some. However, I was planning to make some chicken burger that day, so I improvised, and I’m glad I did! It was so easy to make, and it was ready in no time. The Baked Hand Cut Fries took a little longer, but burger and fries goes hand in hand together, so it was well worth the wait! Honestly, there wasn’t much work needed for the fries really, cut, mix, and bake.
The husband raved about the Ranch Dressing, which I thought was really nice too. I cut up more celery sticks just so I can dip and have a little more of the sauce. I bought the Frank’s hot sauce from USA as it was much raved about. But feel free to substitute for any hot sauce you can find in the local supermarket. 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Burger with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Write a review
- 350g minced chicken
- 3 tbsp panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 1-2 tbsp veg oil
- 4 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tbsp mayo ( I used fat-free)
- 1 tbsp sour cream (I used low-fat)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 garlic, finely minced into paste or use a garlic press
- 1/2 tsp dried dill or 1 tsp finely chopped chives, mint, parsley
- 3 burger buns, toasted
- Slices of cucumber
- Tomato slice
- Butterhead lettuces
- Celery sticks
- 1 heaping tsp Ranch Dressing
- In a bowl, mix chicken, panko, cajun spice, and season with salt and pepper.
- If mixture is too dry, add milk.
- Divide meat mixture into 3 and shape into patties creating a dent in the middle.
- This ensures that the patty cooks evenly and doesn't puff up in the middle.
- Heat pan on med high and add oil.
- Pan fry patties until nice and golden brown on each side (about 3 mins).
- Then dip to evenly coat patties with hot sauce.
- Mix everything together in a small bowl and set aside until ready to use. I used it to dress the burger and as a dipping sauce for the celery sticks.
- On toasted bun, built your burger, and top with prepared Ranch Dressing.
- Serve with celery sticks, Baked Hand Cut Fries, and Ranch sauce.
- An alternative to using buffalo hot sauce is melted butter with sriracha chilli sauce.
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
Delishar | Singapore Cooking, Recipe, and Food Blog http://delishar.com/