It takes a little more effort in preparing the meal, but it was well worth it. I chose to bake my meatballs to reduce the calories compared to deep frying. You can coat it with flour, egg, and bread crumbs if you want a crispy exterior. If you choose to deep fry your meatballs, fast fry it for 2-3 mins at 175C. That way you’ll still be able to get runny yolk, but remember to cook your eggs no more than 2 minutes, and dip them into ice water to stop the cooking process. I served my meatballs with Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes and some blanched greens. Here’s how to make these yummy meatballs!
Have you taken part in the current Mayer Airfryer GIVEAWAY? Details below.
- 250g beef
- 16 quail egg
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped yellow onion
- 4-6 tbsp panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Boil quail egg for 2 minutes, then run cold water over eggs or transfer eggs to bowl of ice water to stop cooking process.
- Remove shells of eggs, and set aside.
- Mix 4 tbsp bread crumbs and all the other ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add more bread crumbs if mixture is too wet.
- Take a heaping tbsp of meat, roll it into a ball, flatten it, and make an indent in the middle.
- Place quail egg in the middle, wrap it up with the meat, sealing the egg in the meat.
- Wrap it tightly, or the quail egg may peek through while cooking.
- Shape it into round meatballs, and place it on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Lightly spray meatball with cooking spray (optional).
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until meat is fully cooked.
- Pour all ingredients into a heavy bottom sauce pan on med heat.
- Bring to boil, lower heat to med-low.
- Allow to reduce until glaze consistency, stirring occasionally.
Serve with blanched broccoli, carrot, and garlic mashed potatoes.
Drizzle sauce over meatball before serving.
To take part in the Mayer Airfryer + Baking Tin Giveaway, simple complete the rafflecopter below.
This giveaway ends on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Singapore time (GMT+8). The winner will be selected by random.org and will contacted by email. The winner will need to respond within 48 hours. If there is no response from the winner after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Meet up required for prize collection, therefore it is open to Singapore entrants only.