Look at how generous those crab legs are! Quite honestly, you can do without the dipping sauce with quality fresh seafood like that. Do check out The Alaskan Guys’s online store and if you are interested to get some quality wild caught Alaskan seafood, quote “Delishar5” for 5% cart discount.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp water depending on the consistency you like
- 1 garlic pressed
- 1/2 chilli padi seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- Mix everything except garlic together in a small bowl.
- Add water and mix till desired consistency.
- Set aside until ready to use.
Snow Crab Rice Paper Rolls
- 400 g Snow Crab Legs
- Vietnamese rice paper
- 100 g dried rice vermicelli
- 1 japanese cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed
- 1/2 small avocado thinly sliced
- 1-2 stalks spring onion cut to 2 inch length
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 230C.
- Cook rice vermicelli as directed on package, drain and set aside to cool.
- Clean crab legs with a toothbrush.
- Use a double sheet of aluminium foil to wrap snow crab.
- Make a small hole for steam to escape.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until heated through.
- Allow to cool to touch before removing crab meat from shells.
- To soften rice paper, simply dip it in warm water.
- You don't have to soak it till it soften, dip the whole piece in warm water, and place it on your work top.
- In my case, I used my clean large vegetable chopping board.
- When you are done assembling, the rice paper would have softened and become pliable.
- I found that sprinkling a little water to dampen my work surface makes it easier for me to roll my rice paper rolls.
- Assemble by placing lettuce, carrot, cucumber, basil, spring onion, and rice vermicelli on the bottom of the rice paper.
- Then place your snow crab legs about an inch away from the top of the rice paper.
- Roll your rice paper bottom up, firmly but gently.
- Fold in the sides, and continue rolling.
- Continue until all crab meat is used up.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.