Went to the market and got me a big hunk of pork shoulder because I have been craving so hard for pulled pork & coleslaw. Something similar to this one that I have made sometime back. If you are not eating Keto, Paleo, or Whole 30, check out this recipe.
There are huge differences between the 2 recipes. This has no nasties like sugar or store bought sauces. Well, except for the hot sauce which is compliant but also completely optional. However, it tastes just as good and it’s also much faster to cook too. I assure you, you are going to feel good about eating this one. My little girl kept picking on the pulled pork and secretly stuffing her mouth when I look away. I used the leftover pulled pork to saute with some zoodles the next day for lunch. So. freaking. good.
In this recipe, I used this Homemade Mayo. Click on the link for the video recipe. Oh, btw this goes really well with keto buns too! Let’s start cooking, shall we?
Mix all the herbs and spices together in a small bowl.
Cut pork into 1.5 inch thick steaks. Generously spoon the seasoning mix over the pork.
Rub in the seasoning mix on both sides of the pork.
Transfer pork into the pot of the pressure cooker. Add 1/3 cup water. Cook in pressure cooker over high pressure for 40 minutes.
Remove from the pressure cooker, and pull with 2 forks.
Remove 3/4 of the liquid in the pressure cooker, then add the pulled pork back into the rest of the liquid to keep warm.
Mix the mayo, apple cider vinegar, dijon, celery salt, sweetener, salt & pepper together in a bowl.
Pour over shredded cabbage, spring onion, and carrot. Toss to combine, keep chilled until ready to serve.
To serve, use lettuce leaves as wraps. Spoon coleslaw into the vessel. Top with pulled pork, garnish and drizzle a little hot sauce to taste. Enjoy!
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork & Coleslaw (Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
- 1 kg pork shoulders cut into steaks
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups shredded cabbage about 1/2 head
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp powdered erythritol keto or coconut sugar (paleo), optional
- Salt to taste
- 2 heads romaine lettuces cleaned
- Cilantro to garnish
- Hot sauce
- Mix all the spices together in a bowl, reserving the water for later.
- Rub the dry spice mix on both sides of the pork.
- Place in pressure cooker, and pour in the 1/3 cup water.
- Cook in pressure cooker over high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Remove from pressure cooker, and pull with 2 fork.
- Remove 3/4 of the liquid in the pressure cooker, then add the pulled pork back into the rest of the liquid to keep warm.
- Mix the mayo, apple cider vinegar, dijon, celery salt, sweetener, salt & pepper together in a bowl.
- Pour over shredded cabbage, spring onion, and carrot.
- Toss to combine, keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Using lettuce leaves as wraps, spoon coleslaw into vessel.
- Top with pulled pork, garnish, and drizzle a little hot sauce to taste.