I like a little hand work out before enjoying my bake products. 🙂 This recipe is so easy, you can get the kids to help you out as well! Let them have some fun in mashing the bananas, crack some eggs, and whisk the wet ingredients together.
Added some chia seeds for a little boost in health benefits. Yes, we all have heard a lot about that tiny little seed that brings about so much goodness. But that exactly is it and what are the benefits and side effects of consuming them? If you are interested in finding out more, Health Ambition has a comprehensive article that explains everything you need to know about Chia Seeds.
The banana bread makes really good to-go breakfast. Opt to use maple syrup or honey instead of sugar. Simply substitute sugar to about 1/3 cup of honey/maple syrup.
Moist and totally delish! I love how the aroma of banana fills the house while it was baking in the oven! Here’s how to make the easy peasy banana chia cake.
First preheat your oven to 165C.
Grease your loaf pan.
Then whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and chia seeds.
Then you mash the bananas, mix in the vanilla extract/paste, sugar, buttermilk, and oil.
Mix till combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Mix until just combined.
Pour batter into your loaf pan.
Use a knife to draw/ make a slit in the middle of your batter.
This will allow your bread to rise nicely and produce that pretty and uniform cracked top.
Then bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Chia Seeds Banana Bread
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fine wholewheat flour or substitute all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 over ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- 1/3 cup buttermilk 1/3 cup milk + 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 165C.
- Grease your loaf pan.
- Mix mashed bananas, vanilla essence, sugar, buttermilk, and oil until combined
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and chia seeds.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean.