Don’t you just love a complete homecooked meal that you can whip up for the whole family in 30 minutes or less? Well, this is one of those recipes that is rich, creamy, filling, but thanks to the fresh herbs and lemon used in the recipe, it leaves you feeling satisfied but not overly heavy/sluggish.
The girls enjoyed their dinner as much as the husband and I did. So much so that my fussy 4 year old requested for it to be made again the next day. My 3 year old will slurp down anything with prawn in it. In her words, “Prawn is my favourite, you know?”.
Talking about the girls, remember this cake that I decorated for my 3 year old?
I’ve had readers asking me what kind of piping tips I used to pipe the flowers and roses, and where did I get it. I used a Wilton 2D, and I’d like to give you that piping tip, and a few common ones used to frost gorgeous cakes and cupcakes!
Delishar is giving away a set of Wilton 12 Piece Cupcake Decorating Set! This set consist of 4 decorating piping tips (2A, 1M, 4B, and 2D) and 8 disposable quality piping bags! To qualify, simply complete the Rafflecopter at the end of this post!
But first, here is the recipe for my Lemon Basil Cream Linguine.
Lemon Basil Cream Linguine
- 4 servings of linguine
- 12-15 large prawns shelled and cleaned (or use chicken/scallops)
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 shallot diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh basil
- 2-3 tbsp divided
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chilli flakes to taste optional
- Cook your pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water for about 8 minutes, just shy of al dente.
- Season prawns with salt and pepper.In a large saute pan, over med high heat, add 1-1.5 tbsp oil.
- Cook prawn on both sides, 2-3 minutes.Set prawns aside.
- In the same pan, on med heat, add remaining oil.
- Saute garlic, shallot, and chilli flakes, stirring often making sure it doesn't burn.
- Lower head to med-low, then add cream and allow to simmer until cream thickens.
- When cream as thickened, add pasta, prawns, lemon zest, parsley, and basil.Toss to combine.
- Use chicken stock to adjust to desired consistency. If it's too wet, don't worry. The pasta will absorb the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.Remove from heat, squeeze in lemon juice, and give it one last toss.
- Serve immediately.
Get the pre portioned cook kit for this amazing dish and
cook it in your own kitchen! Order Now
To take part in the giveaway, simply complete the Rafflecopter below!
This giveaway ends on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Singapore time (GMT+8). The winner will be selected by random.org and will contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Winner will need to self-collect prize at my convenience. Due to the nature of this giveaway, it is open to Singapore entrants only. Terms & condition apply.