Crispy garlic with savoury and slightly sweet chicken pieces served over steamed rice, this recipe is going on my ‘to make again and again’ list. Making it was such a breeze too! Done in under 30 minutes, and we probably took 5 minutes to wipe the plate clean.
Don’t throw away the oil after frying the garlic. It’s great for stir-fries, and it’s already infused with the aromatic garlic! Good stuff I tell you! I used the remaining oil to cook another 3 dishes for that night.
I would have gladly added some chopped chilli padi to chicken if I didn’t have my 2 cheeky little girls to feed. But even without the chilli padi, it was an awesome dish! If you like quick and easy chicken stir-fry, check out these my older recipe blog post: Honey Ginger Chicken, Sriracha Glazed Chicken, and Maple Soy Chicken. All done in 15-20 minutes!
- 500g chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp maggi seasoning sauce
- 1-2 tsp kicap manis
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander stems
- Black pepper to taste
- Peanut oil
- Splash of water
- Coriander to garnish
- Marinate chicken in oyster sauce, kicap manis, fish sauce, maggie sauce, and black pepper.
- In a saucepan, heat enough oil on low to fry garlic. About 3-4 tbsp.
- Fry garlic until golden, strain and set aside.
- Reserve garlic oil.In a wok or frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of garlic oil on med high.
- Brown chicken.
- When chicken is almost cooked through, add sugar and coriander roots, then stir-fry.
- Add water if needed, I like mine dry.
- Top with crispy fried garlic, garnish with coriander, and serve.