Whenever I see chicken wings on the menu, it’s hard for me not to order it. And whenever I serve chicken wings on the dinner table, I see smiles. This garlic lemongrass chicken wings are sweet, salty, and coated with aromatic spices. No wonder it won the hearts of those who have tried it. I was sold just by looking at the ingredient list, and learning how easy it was to make it.
I made mine without chilli pepper only because I was making it with the kids in mind too. It was delicious no-less, but would be even more yummy with some chilli padi! The husband and I were fighting for the last piece of wing. Both of us came to conclusion that I should have made a double batch. Oh well, now we know better to make a double batch the next time I make this.
Here are some of my other chicken wings recipes:
- Cola & Ginger Braised Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Tom Yum Chicken Wings
- Baked Crispy Sambal Chicken Wings
- Braised Honey Chicken Wings
- Lemongrass Honey Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Power Sticky Wings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 8-10 chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chilli padi, sliced (optional or to taste)
- 1 lemongrass, sliced thinly
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp oil
- Chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- Marinate chicken in all the ingredients stated in marinade for 1-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Lay chicken wings on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In hot frying pan, add oil.
- Then saute garlic, lemongrass, and shallot until fragrant.
- Then toss baked chicken to coat.
- Remove from heat, garnish with chopped cilantro.
- And serve immediately.