Fast food does not always mean junk food. In my opinion, fast food means quick and easy meals that you can whip up in a jiffy. Nope, and that does not mean deep frying food that were already precooked or heating up meals that are frozen. Yes, of course we can still have nutritious and delicious meals with the help of quality made sauces, and pasta that are available in the market to make our life easier, and healthier.
For this meal, I used Alce Nero’s Organic Fusilli and Alce Nero’s Organic Tomato Sauce with Chilli. I portioned out a serving for the kids and substituted the sauce for their Organic Tomato Sauce with Basil. It was a super simple meal to put together, with very basic ingredients.
You can actually skip the baking part and serve the chicken (of course cook it a little longer to make sure it’s cooked through) on top of the pasta, and call it a day. I baked it because the baking will allow all the flavours to marry together as it cooks. Well, and of course, everything is better with cheese. Especially oozy, gooey, melted cheese.
- 4 boneless chicken legs
- 240g fusilli, more if you are big eaters.
- 350g Alce Nero Organic Tomato Sauce with Chilli
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Season both sides of the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high, then add oil.
- Cook chicken skin side down for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Do it in batches if you have to, do not over crowd pan.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, then season generously with salt.
- Cook fusilli in salted water 1-2 minutes just shy of al-dente.
- In the last minute, add frozen peas.
- Drain pasta, and pour in sauce into pot.
- Toss to coat, then transfer pasta with sauce into baking casserole.
- Lay chicken on top of pasta, and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted, and sauce bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.