Quick fix dinner at it’s best! There is really not much prep and not much cooking done for this meal. It’s really quite difficult to make sloppy joe look presentable too. I know it is meant to be sloppy but at the same time it has to look somewhat appetizing right? I might try to add some grated carrots into this recipe the next time round, and perhaps some jalapenos too!
Write a review
- 300g minced beef
- 1/2 med yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/8 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp american mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a COLD pan, add beef, and onion.
- Turn heat to med-high.
- Once beef is browned, add garlic.
- Then add celery and green pepper.
- Add mustard, cumin, ketchup, sugar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring everything to boil, lower heat.
- Then let it simmer and reduce.
- It should be of a thick sticky consistency.
- Serve on toasted burger buns.
Delishar | Singapore Cooking, Recipe, and Food Blog http://delishar.com/