These babies are so so yummy! Soft, chocolatey, and chewy… not overly sweet with that tinge of saltiness from the Reese’s peanut butter chips… it’s like eating peanut butter cups, but in the form of cookies! I usually like to mix my cookies by hand, but I would recommend you to use a mixer for this recipe.
Oh, if you are interested in making your own peanut butter, check out this article by Chew The World!
That is unless you do not mind a good hand workout before you stuff your face with these treats! I also topped the cookies with more peanut butter chips when they are hot out of the oven. You don’t have to do that actually. It just makes it look nicer.
Peanut Butter Chips Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter 227g, softened
- 3/4 cup 150g white sugar
- 3/4 cup 160g brown sugar
- 2/3 cup 84g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs 60g each
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups 280g all purpose flour
- 2 cups 350g peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup 44g peanut butter chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs into butter mixture and mix well.
- Mix in flour mixture into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in 2 cups of peanut butter chips.
- Drop heaping teaspoon balls onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Top with 3-4 peanut butter chips when cookies are hot out of the oven.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Serve with a glass of milk.