So easy and so full of flavours! I will never pay for them at Vietnamese restaurants again! Increase the marinade to make a large batch for grill/bbq out parties. It goes really well with white rice or pair it with my Bacon Fried Brown Rice or Tom Yum Fried Rice for a little extra spice!
The kids loved it as much as I did, and I like that it is so simple to prepare! Note that I pound out my pork chops with a meat meat mallet to tenderize it and thin it. You don’t have to do it if you like a thicker cut of meat, bone in or without. Just increase the cooking time accordingly.
Place all the ingredients (except oil) in a mixing bowl.
Marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
Heat pan on med high and oil pan.
Grill one side for 2 minutes without touching it.
Flip and grill the other side.
Garnish with some Chinese parsley and serve with white rice or bacon fried brown rice.
- 5 pork loin chops, pounded with a mallet to about 1cm thickness
- 2 stalks lemongrass (about 2 tbsp), ends and inner soft part only - minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Little oil for grilling pan
- Chinese parsley for garnishing
- Place all the ingredients (except oil) in a mixing bowl.
- Marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat pan on med high and oil pan.
- Grill one side for 2 minutes without touching it.
- Garnish with some Chinese parsley and serve with white rice or bacon fried brown rice.